What to make with coconut oil may be the most asked question among us and your question will be solved in this blog. There are so many tasty recipes you can make using virgin coconut oil. The Virgin coconut oil is a multipurpose oil that can be used in cooking savoury, sweet and keto-diet food. In recent years, coconut has been referred to as a “superfood”. However, coconut oil has long been a staple in Indian cooking and was widely used in Indian recipes before it became known as a healthy fat for the keto diet. Coconut gives a delightful flavour to Indian curries and other dishes. In addition to this, coconut oil is a healthy substitute for cooking oil and a rich source of numerous vitamins and minerals. In this blog, you will get ideas of many easy cooking recipes with coconut oil and healthy evening snack recipes ideas. Keep reading to learn more about coconut oil.
The best coconut oil available in today’s market is undoubtedly organic virgin coconut oil. The majority of the nutrients are retained because it is cold-pressed, which uses the least amount of heat during production. It contains excellent cholesterol and heart-healthy fats. This oil can be used in regular cooking in a variety of ways. Here are some recipes that show how you can use virgin coconut oil in your cooking:
NUTRITIOUS NO-BAKE COOKIES
3 ¼ cup oats
½ cup Virgin coconut oil
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup milk
2 cup sugar
¼ cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Take oats in a large bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, take peanut butter, virgin coconut oil, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt and mix it well.
- On a medium heat, whisk it continuously as it boils.
- Constantly stir it for 4 minutes, scraping the side and bottom.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla essence to it. Mix it well.
- Add a bowl of oats to it.
- Make the round shape of the mixture place it onto wax paper and press it a little bit making it cookie shape.
- Let it cool for a few hours and then you can enjoy having it with hot tea.
COCONUT OIL COFFEE FOR ENERGY AND STAMINA
½ tsp coffee powder
1 cup hot water
1 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp Virgin coconut oil
- Put coffee powder into a cup of hot water, add sugar and virgin coconut oil, and blend the mixture for 1-2 minutes
- You can top it with coconut cream and garnish with cloves over the cream.
- Drink it early in the morning to get good energy that lasts throughout the day and to boost metabolism.
1 medium cauliflower
½ cup corn flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
Water as required
Virgin coconut oil for deep frying
- Cut the cauliflower into small medium pieces.
- Boil the cauliflower pieces with salt for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, rest it for 5-10 minutes and drain the water completely.
- Take a large bowl, put corn flour, all-purpose flour, salt, and water as required mix it well and make a thick paste.
- Put the cauliflower pieces in the above mixture and coat it well.
- Heat virgin coconut oil in a pan and deep fry cauliflower pieces on a low flame until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
CRISPY COCONUT CHICKEN
2 to 3 boneless chicken
Salt as required
½ teaspoon pepper
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup milk
1 ½ cup shredded coconut
1 cup bread crumbs
Virgin coconut oil
- Cut chicken lengthwise.
- Marinate chicken with salt and pepper. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs separately
- On a plate put shredded coconut, bread crumbs, pepper, and salt. Mix this well and keep it aside.
- Take a chicken piece, deep in egg mixture, and coat it with the above mixture of coconut and bread crumbs onto both sides of the chicken.
- Heat virgin coconut oil in a pan and deep fry coated chicken on a medium flame until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sauce.
ORGANE FRENCH TOAST
1 cup milk
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Sugar as require
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Virgin coconut oil
- In a bowl, add orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder and mix it well.
- Cut the bread equally.
- Dip the bread on both sides in the above mixture.
- Put oil in a pan and shallow fry the bread on both sides until golden.
- Enjoy serving it with hot tea.
COCONUT OIL MAYONNAISE
½ cup virgin coconut oil completely melted and not hot
2 eggs yolks
2 tsp mustard
1 lemon juice
½ tsp salt
- Add egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and salt in a blender and blend it until smooth.
- After some time, in the same jar add virgin coconut oil and blend it again for 5 mins.
- Once everything is combined properly with other ingredients, pour into a separate jar and store in the refrigerator.
What are the benefits of using coconut oil in cooking?
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), found in coconut oil, are fatty acids that metabolise more quickly than other saturated fats, giving you a quick energy boost that won’t make you gain weight. Lauric acid, which makes up 47% of the fatty acids in coconut oil, has a slower rate of metabolism than MCTs, which are widely used in ketogenic diets. However, lauric acid has one significant advantage: it is antimicrobial.
Tips for storing coconut oil
Since sunlight can deteriorate coconut oil, keep it in a cool, dark place. Although it needs to be warmed enough to make it scoopable, coconut oil can also be kept in the refrigerator. Unrefined virgin coconut oil has a three-year shelf life. Any coconut oil that appears yellow, smells strange, or has mould should be thrown away.