- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then prepare a 9″ cake pan. Rub a little softened butter inside the pan then place the parchment paper circle into the bottom of the pan. Rub once again with butter then dust with flour until completely covered.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well blended then set aside. In a separate large bowl, mix together eggs, virgin coconut oil, milk, vanilla, and sugar with a wire whisk. Add dry ingredients to the wet ⅓ at a time. Don’t over-mix!
- Once mixed, pour the batter into the pan. Bake 40–50 minutes. Allow it to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes then invert to remove the cake. Remove parchment paper from the bottom then carefully turn right side up to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled place it onto a cake plate. Stir together the powdered sugar and milk to form a glaze then spoon or drizzle it over the top of the cake. Allow it to set then slice the cake and serve.